Paul Murphy - Director and Principal Consultant
Paul Murphy, Director and Principal Consultant, is a highly experienced organisational analyst, coach, consultant and facilitator who has worked in the field of HRM, learning & development, executive coaching and change management, for over 20 years.
Paul’s skills across these areas have delivered successful outcomes throughout this time. His expertise includes reviewing & analysing performance at the organisational, team and individual levels; and recommending and delivering impactful action plans to bring about improvement. He's also adept at recruiting great talent for critical roles.
Paul's previously worked for organisations including VECCI and the City of Greater Bendigo.
He has specific focus areas in planning and implementing change programs, mergers and restructures; and in designing and delivering leadership development programs.
As a practitioner with extensive knowledge and experience in high-level leadership performance, Paul is often asked to assist Boards and Councils with CEO performance reviews where external expertise and support is desired.
Paul's clients see him as a trusted advisor and a highly effective facilitator of change, who brings not only a committed and passionate approach, but also important knowledge and experience in organisational development and HR, backed up by practical capability regarding employment law.
Paul’s qualifications are:
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
- Master of Education (Majors in organisational development & change); University of Melbourne.
- Graduate Diploma in Education & Training (Vocational Education); University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Science); Bendigo CAE.
- The Leadership Circle – accredited to implement TLC's brilliant Leadership Circle 360° profile and Collective Leadership Profile for Leadership teams.
- EQi 2.0 and EBW – two of the most credible Emotional Intelligence profile tools – accredited facilitator.
- MLQ – 360° leadership system for individuals and organisations – qualified facilitator.
- TMP and LSI – accredited facilitator of Team Management Systems products.
- NLP – qualified Practitioner, Master Practitioner and NLP Trainer.
- MBTI (& Majors PTI) – qualified facilitator and administrator including MBTI Step II.
- DiSC – accredited facilitator.
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
- The Institute of Managers & Leaders (MIML).
Boards and Community;
- Chair, AICD Geelong Regional Committee.
- Board member & member Investments & Allocations Committee, Geelong Art Gallery Foundation Board.
- Past Chair, Star Community Cinema Bendigo.
Vivienne Murphy - Executive Assistant
Vivienne Murphy is our Executive Assistant.
Vivienne covers a host of important back-of-house work, including administrative and PA support to the Director, diary management, planning and scheduling of service delivery, client communications, and coordination of meetings and events. She also handles the books - paying the bills and doing accounting data entry, and keeps our office and systems in order. In our services area, Viv also provides support on research and analysis, and undertakes special projects. Vivienne has completed a Certificate III in Business whilst working with us as part of a career shift for her.
Prior to commencing with Atwork, Vivienne worked in Management in the Hospitality Industry. With a broadd range of experience in customer service and business/staff management, Vivienne has confidently and effectively transitioned her skills into performing in a high level administrative capacity.
Viv is a born organiser. Whether for Atwork’s operations, or for our clients, she gets the job done in an efficient and timely manner. She is also a great communicator, is people orientated, and has outstanding customer service skills and an ethos of putting the customer first, while always keeping an eye on business outcomes.
Monika Karwan - Senior Associate
Monika Karwan is a Development Consultant with over 30 years’ experience in improving the performance capability of global and national organisations and SME’s. Monika is a highly-skilled adviser, facilitator, writer and program designer.
With Atwork Consulting, Monika is a senior associate and partner in developing and delivering bespoke management & leadership development solutions.
Monika’s development style is contemporary, collaborative & intuitive, as well as being practical, dynamic & experiential.
Monika works closely with executives, boards, managers and front-line teams to improve capability & confidence. She has worked with over 80 organisations in various industries - gaining a diversity of perspectives and experience that she enjoys sharing – amongst these, Commonwealth Bank, the Royal Women’s Hospital, The Alfred, Levi Strauss, Channel 7 and the City of Greater Geelong are just a few.
For 6 years until 2016, Monika operated in a successful organisational development consultancy, which she co-founded. After taking a career break for 6 months, Monika is back working on a variety of development projects.
Monika’s qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Business – International Trade, Marketing & Social Psychology
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Certificate III in Financial Services - Tier 2 Specialist Deposits Products & General Insurance
- Armed Robbery Awareness.
Monika has certificates in attainment for programs delivered by The Source International, Cohen Brown International, McKinsey & Company, Commonwealth Bank Master Coaches, and Commonwealth Bank Program Designers, including:
- Coaching Mastery
- Facilitation Mastery
- Program Design
- Leadership & Leading Change
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Sales & Service Mastery
- Engagement Essentials
- Mindset & Behaviour Management
- Effective Presentations & Scriptwriting
- Coaching & training managers / customer service teams transitioning mindsets from process style administrative to empowered sales & service excellence.
Other training including in-house training delivered by Swinburne Institute, Melbourne Business School, Victorian College of the Arts, National Theatre, Action Words, The Writers Bureau, Austereo, KRock 95.5, City of Greater Geelong Council, Levi Strauss & Co, Sportsgirl Australia, in areas including:
- Crucial Conversations / Presenting with Impact
- Brand / Marketing & Promotion
- Customer Service, Retail Sales
- Copywriting / business writing
- Public Relations, Event Management
- Acting, Voice & Movement Mastery / Radio Presenting & Voice Overs
Boards and Community
- Advisory member to The Australian Patients Association (APA) for over 5 years (nominated to be a Board Member of the APA in November 2017).
Anita Dickons - Senior Consultant
Anita Dickons is an experienced mentor, coach, counsellor and trainer, and has joined the Atwork team from 2015 for special projects, particularly in change management and support.
Anita is highly skilled in getting to the root of the issue quickly and empowering people to make choices that lead to change. Anita’s absolute passion in life is exploring unseen possibilities and creating change. Her work has ranged from large organisations to individual clients, giving her an unusually flexible approach to different needs.
Anita invested 17 years into the corporate sector; leading and training people. She then went on to broaden her skills and experience in family planning, funeral directing, with a national charity and as a Relationship Counsellor with the UK’s leading relationship agency ‘Relate’. Anita has delivered coaching and training services for Haven; Home, Safe, Loddon Mallee Murray Medicare Local, Rural Finance, NAB, and many small business owners and Individual clients, and has combined forces with Paul on recent assignments including for the City of Greater Bendigo and Goldfields Library Corporation.
Anita has learnt first-hand that by working with the powerful trilogy of self-awareness, self-compassion and self-belief anything is possible for individuals, teams and business.
Anita's Qualifications & Accreditations:
- Certified Extended DiSC Consultant.
- Certificate IV in Life Coaching.
- Certified Master Practitioner of NLP (ABNLP), Certified Master Practitioner of Hypnotherapy, Certified Master Practitioner of Deep State Repatterning, Practitioner of Time Line Therapy
- Certified Performance Coach.
- Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling Theory and Practice.
- Theta Healing Basic DNA Theta Healing Advanced DNA.
Boards and Community:
- Board member Community Leadership Loddon Murray.
- Board member Future Employment Opportunities.